Search this Rockstar Cottage

Sunday, March 25, 2012

Vinyl Lp Bowl

Hi ya. I'm gonna share a very kool very easy project with ya'll today.
Vinyl Lp Record Bowl

Lets check the supply list
  1. Vinyl Lp (I got mine from the thrift store)
  2. A metal bowl or cake pan
  3. A cookie sheet
  4. An oven
  5. An adorable lil helper.


Now lets make our Rockin Bowl.
Grab your Lp and have your super cute helper pull it out of the sleeve.


 
Preheat your oven to 200 degrees

Place your metal bowl upside down on a cookie sheet.Then lay your Lp on top of the bowl.
Now place it in the oven. Make sure you keep it at 200 degrees and no higher!!Now wait ..................................




While waiting explain to your helper that we dont have a record player and the LP is not getting ruined. Cameron was VERY upset that I was "melting" a perfectly good record. haha. He was loving it when it was done so he forgave me =)

This is what it looked like after 5 min in the oven. I left it in there for about 10 min total.
Now Pull it out of the oven and let it cool while still on the bowl. I waited 10 min and it was Perfectly cool.
It will still have a hole in the bottom so be aware of that when considering what to put in it. You can wash it with soapy water but  DO NOT put in the dishwasher or microwave.
I put a smaller bowl down in it to hold my Chip dip.
What do ya think??
   Thanks for checkin out my post.


No comments:

Post a Comment